Monday, December 19, 2005

After a lonnnngggggggg time..

We have finally made the decision: we are to start in January... Problem is that we haven't got a building yet... Although we could start at our friend's house, but that wouldn't be ideal. So at the moment we are building hunting. None of the more switched-on churches will have us...Don't ask me why not. It's beyond me.

We've had quite a busy time really. We went to the Westminster Conference, which was really good, apart from the 'discussion times' which isn't a time for discussion, but for certain people to stand up and ramble on about their hobbyhorse. Needless to say I managed to constrain myself, I didn't get up and talk about Christian Education.... I must admit that the only lady that got up, although she said some really good things, she went on to long. That put me off, I could imagine people thinking to themselves: oh no, not another woman standing up to talk. So I didn't. But the lectures were very good indeed.

Just before we went we had made the decision to start in January, so as soon as we came back we were right in the midst of it... So many things to arrange and talk through! I do think I have most things sorted, it's just making the desks, and finding a building, so we really value your prayers on that. From Holland we have had 445 Euro for the school, so that at least is a start... We hope that we will get more in, as the articles I write every forthnight have an appeal for money in them, put there by the magazine owners, not by me...There has only been one appeal, so I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen on that front. What we need though is prayer support. People to wrestle in prayer for the school, especially now we haven't got a building, and we are hoping to start the second or third week of January...

Anyway, we had a good Sunday, and we will have our Carol service on Wednesday night.. Problem is that I have a cold, so my voice has more or less totally disappeared... which is great if you try to sing...suppose it's quite nice for a change to be a tenor instead of a soprano....

4 Comments:

At 4:21 pm , Blogger Evangelical books said...

Apart from the lack of a building, do you have teachers and students who are ready for the 6-10 year education?

Nice to see a slightly updated website (at least the colours are toned down)...

 
At 6:43 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maressa,
Are you telling me you are starting your school January 2006?? WOW
Will you be teaching? How many children will attend?
We'll remember you before the throne of grace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Ans
(It took me about an hour to find you back on the net, I found you via Jenson's Blog, who I don't even know)

 
At 3:35 pm , Blogger Maressa said...

Thanks...
We have 3 children between 12 and 17... But we are not registered yet, so we can't have more for now. We have found a building today, not extreemly confirmed yet, so I don't want to shout it out yet...

There is me, the children's mum, and hopefully a few friends who will help us... Apart from that we trust God to send us the right person along to help out and to be a blessing to the school..

 
At 9:43 pm , Blogger Clare said...

Unfortunately I have to work for a living, otherwise I'd teach 'great texts' for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home