Thursday, October 27, 2005

Many thoughts

We had a very special day on Tuesday. We spent Monday night in Reading with Richard's parent ( I drove over to Reading, mostly in the dark..bbbbrrrrrr), and Tuesday morning reasonably early we went to London. We went to the Friend's Meeting House, opposite Euston Station. It's a place where Quaker's meet. It wouldn't be any good for me, I fear....Having to shut up for ages....
Anyway, Tuesday was the Anual meeting for the
Grace Baptist Mission. At the meeting new missionaries are introduced etc etc. It was eeehhhhhmmmmmmmm, interestinggggg.... most of it.... There was one young lady that is going to France to work amongst student, she was expremely impressive! It was obvious that God's Hand was on her! I don't know how to explain what we all felt, and others too... She was aglow, alive, humble, thrilled, excited, amazed..I don't know.. She was as those missionaries you read of. In her talk there were no glib jokes, no attempts to entertain th ehearers and keep their interest at all cost. There was no presumption, no wild dreams, no claims. There was none of the other: I'm so going to make a difference...I'm going to be so Christian that a revival will be the result of me just turning up....
Just humility: Why me, Lord...? But if this is Thy will, then I will go...

We are hoping to go to her leaving sort of service, 19th November in Ramsey.. To read a bit about this remarkable person, see
UFM Prayer diary, October 22nd.


Stuart Olyott preached in the evening, very powerfully and very challenging! About differnt vessels in the Master's House, and being a vessel meet for the Master's use... Or being to dirty to be of any good....

Anyway, it was a very good day, very, very challenging!

Then today, Thursday, I had my theory test, and passed.... So that is al least one hurdle out of the way! I had one mistake, so it wasn't too bad, although I'm still annoyed about the one mistake of course...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home