Monday, October 24, 2005

Dentist...

I went to the dentist this morning... And seeing I'm not keen on mornings, nor on dentist, it was not a very good combination.. Although negative and negative make a positive in maths....

I went, thinking he would carry on with an awkward filling, but no, he decided to take another one out... Sigh.. Let now that one tooth be the only healthy one in my mouth! I mean not the tooth itself, that was falling apart, he had it out in next to no time, ut then the roots... I was in a sense glad the find out I had such healthy roots... Anyway, it took him a long time, and I think he is probably just as exhausted as I am. What a job! Teaching isn't everything, nor is nursing, but being a dentist.... I'm glad I didn't feel attracted to other people's teeth and mouths...

So in a minute I'm going to have a short rest, read my huge book, and relax! Later this day we, well, I am driving to Reading (of course with Richard next to me...)... I hope the size of my face will have come back to reasonal proportions by then. well, it feels as if it is huge! If only the size of my brain had increased at the same rate....! But I feel as if my brain has been numbed at the same time....sigh...

The book I'm reading is very interesting! It is an autobiography of a Russian pastor. Very interesting! It descibes his conversion, and how half a month later he is imprisoned for 5 years... No Bible, no teacher, no other Christians.. But wherever he goes, he spreads the Gospel, and sees people converted, even really 'hopeless' people, like guards etc. Very interesting! He is so ful of joy and grace, that whoever he meets knows that he is different. He is only 21 at the moment where I'm reading, he was 20 when arrested... Even really rough criminals defend him, and protect him, make sure he gets food etc. Amazing the way God works!

So I'm off to read on! It's slightly tedious, as he descibes every day in detail: his food, who brings him water etc etc... But it does mean that all 'small' miracles are descibed as well! The sad thing for many of you is that it is written in Dutch... :-) The title is: The Happiness of a Lost Life. Author is Chrapov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home